I’m Jean, a thirtysomething writer and editor from the Philippines with a love for the written word, good food, physical training, and the occasional binge-watching. Welcome to my blog!
First time to the site? Start here or see my latest posts below!
- We’re in a Bit of a PickleThis idiom has taken on a whole new meaning for me—a rather positive one. Since my last post, a lot […]
- Creamy Pasta With Truffle Oil and ProsciuttoIt’s been a while since I made some pasta dinner at home, but a recent craving called for some creamy […]
- Salmon Baked in FoilIf you have yet to enjoy the benefits of baking in foil, now is the time. This salmon dish turned […]
- Omelette Tortilla Breakfast RollsEven though I’m not much of a breakfast person, I do enjoy my brunch — and having breakfast food for […]
- Roasted Chicken and ChickpeasThanks to a friend’s recent suggestion, I decided to incorporate more chickpeas into my meals. I usually just use them […]
- Wagyu Beef Bulgogi NoodlesThere are days when I want something quick and easy but am not really keen on ordering delivery or takeout. […]
- Maruya (Banana Fritters)There are good problems to have, like a surplus of fruit for example. In our case, we have ripening saba […]
- Revisiting Manti Te’o’s Catfishing Case in Untold: The Girlfriend Who Didn’t ExistDuring my true crime content binges, it’s not unusual for me to go into rabbit holes. For weeks at a […]
- Baked SalmonThere’s joy in looking back. Just recently, I was reminded of my first baked salmon. Oh boy, was I proud. […]
Subscribe to get notified whenever I post.
Hi, I’m Jean from the Philippines. I’m a full-time startup chief editor by day and an all-around curious cat by night. Here, I share my thoughts on all things that interest me, and hopefully, they’ll interest you too! Read more