I’ve been having a lot of fun with my meals lately. To complement my indoor training plan, I have been cooking up dishes that increase my protein and reduce my carb and sugar intake. I’m of course being careful not to fall into the diet mindset once again. This isn’t about restricting or completely cutting off certain foods; it’s about creating a balanced effort that will ensure I pay attention not just to exercise but to nutrition as well.
What’s great is that aside from having a lot of the fish and chicken that I love, I also have been consuming a lot more fruit and vegetables. I just love my prunes and bananas, and I adore the taste and smell of roasted vegetables. I guess it’s pretty obvious I’m satisfied with this development.
For this post, I’ll be sharing a simple baked fish recipe that’s big on flavor. This is a quick and easy one you can whip up even after a busy day. It is savory, tangy, soft, and flaky. I think you’ll like it!
Yield: 2 servings
Total time: 45 minutes
- 2 large tilapia fillets
- salt, pepper, paprika, thyme, and oregano for seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 lemon, sliced into thin rounds
- 4 medium cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper flakes
- olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 200°C (392°F), and line a baking tray with aluminum foil or baking paper.
- Clean and dry the tilapia fillets.
- Season the fillets with salt, pepper, paprika, thyme, and oregano. Place them on the baking tray.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, lemon juice, garlic, and pepper flakes.
- Drizzle a bit of olive oil on the tilapia fillets.
- Pour the butter mixture all over the tilapia fillets.
- Place the lemon rounds on top of the tilapia fillets.
- Bake for 20 minutes, plus 5 minutes on broiler mode.
- Serve and enjoy!
I paired my lemon garlic baked tilapia with some sautéed veggies (eggplant, bell pepper, and spinach). You can also pair it with rice, potatoes, or even bread. Totally up to you!
I hope you’ll give this one a try as I’m sure you’ll end up enjoying this bright and flavorful dish. Happy eating!
Leave a Reply