I have to say—my boyfriend’s becoming quite the chef. One day, he decided to make honey beef strips and when I tried them, I liked them so much that I requested he make the dish again soon. And he did, and I was stuffed. So I’d like to share his recipe here with his kind permission. It’s a very quick and easy one that you can even add to your potluck dishes.
Yield: 2–3 servings:
Total time: 45 minutes
- 500 milligrams sukiyaki cut beef
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Marinate the beef in minced garlic, soy sauce, and oyster sauce for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the pan up to low-medium heat and add the cooking oil.
- Cook the diced onions for 3–5 minutes or until they sweat and become soft.
- Add the beef and cook until meat is well done.
- Add the honey, stir, and cook for 1–2 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
It’s the sweet and savory combination of flavors for me. And since I’m usually intimidated to cook beef, the simplicity of the ingredients and process convinces me to try out more beef recipes. If you’re pressed for time but want a meal that doesn’t feel and taste rushed, this recipe is a fine choice. I hope you get to try and enjoy it soon!
Leave a Reply